Sunday, December 15, 2019

What is a healthy/ attractive weight and body fat percentage for a 18M? In order to be attractive and healthy do I have to work out?

About a year ago, I was comfortably overweight, clocking in at about 190lbs, being a 5'9 male. I reached about 160 lbs in the summer before taking a break to try to adjust to college life and also take a moment to reflect. Now that my first semester is nearly done, I want to start losing weight again, but I have a few questions, and my research around the internet hasn't been extremely helpful.

I started this weight loss mostly as a health thing and focussed on eating healthier. I concentrated on calories and trying to eat less than I burned. Now I am also looking to try to be more physically attractive (having my first intense crush in ... a couple of years? Made me realize that even if I don't go out with her, I do want to be more attractive and more confident so I feel less worried about asking people on a date) but I have noticed even though I am noticeably thinner I still have a relatively large stomach, thighs, breasts, etc. Is this because my body fat percentage is too high (my weighing machine says I have a body fat percentage of 20.5%, which seems high according to the internet) or just because while 160lbs is not "overweight" it's on the high end of "normal"? Or is it a combination of both?

If my body fat percentage is the problem, does this go down with weight loss or do I need to work out? I admit I really don't want to work out because I'm self-conscious and also because I just need more sleep (averaging about 5.5 hours/ night right now, so any free time probably goes towards that). If I do have to work out I guess I'll find time somehow.

I don't do a lot of physical activity, but I do play a decent amount of ping pong (about 45 minutes a day) and walk a good chunk (10,000-20,000 steps a day). What is the effect of these on muscle gain? I am guessing its negligible. Are these good for calorie loss?

According to my weighing machine, my metabolism burns about 1700 Cal a day (no clue how it calculates this...), which is significantly less than the 2000 I thought I would be burning. Is there a way to raise this. The general consensus seems to be drinking water, but are there any other things I can do since I already drink quite a bit?

Finally, I guess I am just looking for a numerical goal to motivate me. What are some rough estimates for a good bmi/weight and body fat percentage for someone who is comfortably healthy (as opposed to borderline healthy) and attractive? I know the second one is subjective, but I was still wondering if there was any numerical range considered to be conventionally attractive.

submitted by /u/ThrowAwayMain_Enviro
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LZm3pp

No comments:

Post a Comment