Saturday, May 2, 2020

50+lbs Lost / 22M 5'10/ [220 -> 168.6] / SV / NSV / Goal Reached / Birthday -- Thank You r/loseit

Dear r/loseit

Thank you so much for all that you have given me. General lurker, but wanted to provide this community an update on my journey. Please feel free to PM me for any questions, comments, or just want to chat about my/your journey! (PICS below)

September 4th, 2019, I stepped on the scale and it read 220.8lbs. Today I weighed in at 168.6lbs! I feel amazing, have confidence through the roof, and am fitting into clothes I never would have imagined! Today also happens to be my Birthday! I almost cried on the scale this morning when I saw myself break 50lbs. Who would have thought my weight loss goal would have lined up with that? Truly crazy!

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/luORyPL

I will keep this short and provide a couple of takeaways and tips that worked well for me:

  • "Be obsessed with the journey". I live by this quote. Take it day by day, meal by meal, and workout by workout. The amazing successes of this community do not happen overnight.
  • Calories In. Calories Out. No way to get around it. Most everyone here knows that. Similar to a workout routine that works well for you, I found an eating plan that worked well for me. Lots of Protein, Veggies, and Sweets (in moderation). I found it incredibly helpful for me to meal prep and used many resources from r/MealPrepSunday. I stopped buying snacks and munchies at the grocery store and found that not having them means you won't eat them....plus it saves me so much money.
  • Find a routine that works well for you. For me, I like to wake up early and get into the gym. I enjoyed the feeling of accomplishing something before my workday even got started. My gym only has dumbells, two cable machines, and amazing r/pelotoncycle bikes. I broke my routine out into three different days, these being; Chest/Triceps, Biceps/Back, Shoulders/Legs. No crazy plan, just get something going and stuck to it. I would finish off most days with a ~30 min Peloton cycle (or cardio).

Be patient and consistent. Quarantine sucks but it is a great opportunity to jump-start (or continue) your journey. Thank you again to this community. You all are amazing! Godspeed

submitted by /u/llesp
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SviPgG

No comments:

Post a Comment