Wednesday, May 6, 2020

does anyone here not weigh themselves?

i’m on somewhat of a “weight loss journey”, although i try to think of it more as doing the things i need to do for my body to feel better, feel less depressed and anxious, etc. i’ve been dieting since i was a young girl (i’m now almost 24) and being skinny is obviously just not enough of a motivating factor for me to keep going.

of course i want to lose weight - for societal pressure reasons mostly. but i’m done with dieting, restricting, calorie obsessing, etc. i want to find some sort of happy medium where i’m making progress but it’s not all i think about, which is what happens when i diet. scales trigger me. as a teenager i went on some pretty extreme diets and the one thing i just can’t do is weigh myself because i always spiral and become obsessive. i also don’t track my calories because i think it’s a slippery slope into eating disorder territory. instead i just try to keep my meals balanced according to guidance from my nutritionist (who is anti-diet which is awesome!)

i was just wondering if anyone here is on a similar type of journey. i have no set numeric goals, i’m just trying to feel things out, do exercise that feels good, find healthy foods i actually enjoy (i eat kale every day now!) and all of that feels great. but when i try to find community online, everything is saturated with diet talk, calories this, this many pounds down that. i totally understand wanting to celebrate losing weight but i can’t help but feel so fucking triggered! it also sucks reading people’s posts complaining that they’re the size i was at my smallest. it’s super discouraging and makes me feel like my body is wrong, gross, etc - which in my experience is NOT a catalyst for me to make healthy choices. i make healthy choices when i feel good about myself.

sorry i’m rambling. i hope this makes sense! i feel so alone in my goals.

tldr; diet talk is triggering, but i need supportive community. help!

submitted by /u/here4thefreecake
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SD25nG

No comments:

Post a Comment