Wednesday, May 6, 2020

If you feel like giving up, remember why you started in the first place.

I have found myself slowing. My cheats are becoming more frequent. I've been wondering if I can sustain this. Sure, other people can and have. And I've been successful. I'm just feeling like I wonder if I can truly keep this up. I've already lapsed once, and now that I'm just about back to where I was the first time I lapsed, I'm having such a hard time.

Then I came across the quote in my title. "If you feel like giving up, remember why you started in the first place."

It gave me the perspective and the oomph I needed. I really truly do feel SO much better about myself. I'm 5'5" (F) and am hovering around 150lbs, looking to lose 15 to 20 more for a "goal weight". I don't think I've weighed that much since puberty. (Started my journey at 185 in 2018, got to 149, then crept back up to almost 170 before re-starting in Feb)

And then, in the evening I decided to let loose. I had a decent amount of booze which opens the door to what my brain REALLY wants - and that's food. I'm ashamed to say that once I got going, after ordering out for supper - I got going and couldn't seem to stop. I ended up eating a big bag of chips over the course of the evening, a bowl of ice cream, and a few oreos. Maybe not the end of the world, but absolutely obliterating any calorie goal ever (on top of the drinks). I woke up at 3AM feeling like garbage. Too much salt, too much fat, too much everything. And so, so ashamed. Sure, I'll get back on the horse, and I know that one or two slip ups do not define, but I'm currently in my moment of shame. Man. I SUUUUCK.

So anyway. I know that weight loss and maintenance is one day at a time. But my brain has such a hard time not wandering to the future and getting so stressed about sustainability. And while I do love that I can get active, I love walking and biking and playing sports and boxing workouts ... the pressure to eat properly and get in activity every single day when I just wanna be lazy after working full time and being a parent is heavy. And the looming knowledge that if I don't keep it up, I'm going to wind up unhappy with myself again and uncomfortable in my own skin makes me scared but I still doubt myself.

After all this time (2nd journey and lasting over a few months - I know some of you amazing people here have kept it up for YEARS and you're so inspiring) I thought it would be easier. I'd hoped I wouldn't still WANT the chips. That my body would stop wanting all that garbage. And while it feels so much better when I don't fuel it with garbage, the short term gratification is often always looming overhead in the form of cravings. And sometimes I do have a very small portion. And sometimes that works. I just guess I'm whining that I can't just do what I want.

So. I am going to try to keep the mantra going, to keep myself going. And to just keep going.

"If you feel like quitting, remember why you started"

Thanks for your time. Just had to get it out.

TL;DR
Losing weight for the second time and tripping up on bad foods. And feeling sorry for myself that I can't just eat the bad foods. Vent post.

submitted by /u/5iveOClockSomewhere
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dhEGzW

No comments:

Post a Comment