Wednesday, May 6, 2020

5 years ago I was 12 lbs away from my goal weight. Today I am 32 lbs away.

Unfortunately, I never reached that goal weight. At one point, I was ~3lbs away, but then life happened.

I am sad that I’m further away from my goal weight and that I was so much closer 5 years ago, but I’ve really learned a lot about my body during this round of weight loss that I totally missed the first time around. I know my goal is attainable, and I know more about maintaining weight loss (because I did for 2 years) than I did before.

Most importantly, I know how to love my body at any size now. The first time I lost the weight, I wasn’t happy with my body, even when I looked the way I wanted to look for years. I had no idea the mental aspects of losing weight. This is what drove me to try antidepressants, and what ultimately led to me gaining all my weight back.

I often see people posting in this group about how it’s their 2nd, 3rd, nth time losing the weight. I hope for you this is the last time you have to do it. Weight loss is a lot of trial and error, and it’s taken me several years to learn what my body wants and needs. It’s a beautiful process, and I hope you all appreciate your bodies as much as I appreciate mine.

F/28/SW: 220 lbs, CW: 192 lbs, GW: 160 lbs

submitted by /u/kaylab715
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2yxJXor

No comments:

Post a Comment