Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Helping my partner overcome a year long plateau

Hi all,My partner has done a great job her weight loss journey. About a year ago she stopped losing weight and she has not been able to really lose any more. She has maintained the weight most of the time but when actively attempting to to lose weight again she does not see any progress. She is starting to get really down about it. She is doing everything right from what I can see. She has stated that she want to lose weight but still live her life.She is my buddy and I hate seeing how disappointed she is. She is putting the effort in but not getting the results out and it impresses me that she is still trying after a year of no real progress.

She is doing weight watchers and has mentioned she is staying in the points. . She seems to be eating right from my own observation. Since quarantine has started she has been doing sandwiches instead of salads. She is a vegetarian. It is something very important to her but she has been thinking about eating chicken again just to lose weight which is one of the motivation I have in writing this post.

She also have been doing exercise about 5 days a week. She does mostly cardio and yoga. When I lost weight it was through resistance training but she has mentioned not liking lifting. She does like dancing as well. She has trouble sticking to programs and her workout is pretty free form. She has tried things like Beach Body/P-90X etc and enjoyed some of the routines but did not like sticking to a regiment.

Is the any advice you could give to either of us. Was there anything that your partner did that helped you overcome a plateau. Any traps? (By traps I mean things that some one did that they thought would be helpful but actually made it harder). Anything you did to help overcome a very long lasting plateau? I think I provided the important details but I can provide more details if specifics are needed.

EDIT: I would also like to mention that has asked me to look into what I can do to help because she felt like she had no idea what more she can do. I saw the sidebar FAQ about "my x want to lose weight" and wanted to clarify that part.

submitted by /u/metalprogrammer2
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35UiQQB

No comments:

Post a Comment