Monday, May 11, 2020

My story of success and impatience.

Allow myself to introduce..., myself.

49M 5'7" SW:221 CW:180 GW:150

Hi. Started out January 1 2020 with IF. 16-8 then 18-16. Calorie conscious- nothing strict. No attempt at planned exercise. 20 minute dog walk daily. Exciting weight loss with basically no effort. Avg 2.3 lbs per week. That was consistent- I could look at the calendar and know what I would be on that day. I was amazed. By End of February I was at 200.

March came and things were a little more erratic. Gone was the consistent daily downward numbers, and I know that it isn't linear, It still depresses me when it is linear for a while, and then it is not. Upped the exercise. Started a couch to 5K running program. Started counting 10K steps a day. Quarantine forced healthy changes in eating. Still not strictly counting calories at this point, but more aware. By the end of March, 191 lbs.

April was tough. I felt like I lost the same 6 pounds over and over. I started counting calories, and upped exercise. Felt like I should be able to "muscle" my way through this. Running 20-30 minutes 3-4 times a week, averaging 10K+ steps a day, active hours (walking/running) were up to 2 per day, and I was trying for 6 miles combined on the day. Yet I was 186 at the end of April.

Continued into May with similar routine. Made two changes. Started with SIT training, found an app called JogRunSprint, and focused on this more than long runs. 30+ minutes, 4 times a week. Also got hard core on calories. Some data: BMR: 1667. TDEE: 2251 Daily Calories 1576. Logging meals with an app, I am trying my best to log foods that don't have bar codes to scan. Big time results last week. May 5, 185. A daily drop averaging 1.24 lbs. 180 on May 9th. I know this is a lot and but also willing to change nothing and take it for as long as I can get it.

May 10th, though, also 180. Same diet, same exercise- if not more, had 17K steps due to yard mowing.

May 11th: also 180. Indian last night for Mothers Day, did a OMAD knowing I would want to eat plenty.

Three days of no movement after averaging -1.24 for 5 days. Why?? It's maddening. I feel like I should with brute strength alone be able to force this happen.

"why is this guy complaining?" Yeah I know. Overall- not stupid. Good gains, and I should be happy. I've lost a lot, trending downwards. But I am impatient.

And that is me. Good luck with your goals. <3

submitted by /u/Bezier_Curvez
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SU8ScO

No comments:

Post a Comment