Monday, May 11, 2020

Starting Again

This time last year I was hovering around the 250 mark, 25 pounds down from my previous weight. While that was nowhere near my ultimate goal weight, I felt really good about myself for losing some of the weight and was experiencing some of the benefits that come with weight loss. I hovered around that weight the rest of the summer, which I was slightly annoyed about but thought at least I was maintaining and not gaining, right?

Things took a turn in September when I got my first full-time job in my field after graduating a few months prior, which resulted in moving to a new city and state alone. At the same time I was broken up with out of the blue and didn’t get any closure about it. That first month was really hard for me in a lot of ways and I ate far more than I should because I knew it would at least make me feel better at the moment. For the first time I was buying all of my own groceries with no one there to have an opinion on what was in my cart and I suddenly had access to all of the restaurant delivery services in my new town, so I went crazy with all of that and created a new, unhealthy norm for myself. I was always aware I was making bad choices but just let myself sink further into it.

Now I’ve gained that weight back and a little more. I’m at my all-time highest weight and I really just can’t stand it. I don’t like the way I look, the way I feel, the way my clothes fit. I don’t want to spend my whole life feeling like this.

This past week I did an overhaul on my groceries, deleted my food delivery apps, and logged everything that I ate. I went over my allotted calories a few days but didn’t binge. I ended up still staying under the calorie threshold for the week so it was a success. I know I’ll mess up but I want to be able to fall back in line when I do. I want to change. I know I’m capable of it.

submitted by /u/ClumsyPikachu
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dzbepl

No comments:

Post a Comment