Saturday, September 5, 2020

248(sw) 196.8 (cw) 185 (gw) 2 months

Bottom line up front, not sure how much of this can be applied to other people's situation.

I am a merchant mariner on a ship with a very accommodating cheif steward. He gives me a bowl of fruit that wasn't eaten the day before every morning. For the past 2 months I have been dividing that bowl into 3rds and blending it with weight loss shake powder and water. I had 8 tubs of "smash it" I got off of Amazon.com and 2 tubs of a keto shake I got on sale at bargain market. I would cheat on barbecue days (there were 4), a burger once a week for the 1st 3 weeks, and a time or two here or there I'd grab a couple egg sandwiches. Never changed coffee or juice drinking. Due to covid we have not been allowed off the ship and we have a 0 tolerance for alcohol so no booze or beer for the whole duration. As far as exercise goes I brought a vive elite headset and have played gratuitous amounts of Boxvr. Honestly my next set is going to depend on whatever I can get that's wireless (just not occulus). We have a gym with a janky treadmill that has issues if you step too hard down, a stationary bike that you have to put your feet as far up the pedals as possible or you hit the floor, and some assorted weights.

The biggest thing that has helped me is not having to see other food when I eat, and if I do it's when I already felt full (ish) from the shake. Being to blend in my room is probably the only reason I got this far.

I will be on this ship for a while longer, not actually sure yet how long, and I'm transitioning back to solid food. Going forward I plan to work on portion control and eating slower. Army vet, "eat now, taste it later" is a hard habit to kick.

submitted by /u/starskip42
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2F5eehk

No comments:

Post a Comment