Friday, September 11, 2020

260lb - 237lb but plateauing - Advice?

Hi guys! I've hit a plateau in my weight loss journey and I'm really in need of some advice. I was a big eater, i'm 5'9 and took in around 3000-3500kcal (probably more on weekends) a day before I started my WL journey.

In early July I was 260lb. I started eating healthy (1300-1500 kcal a day) and exercising 3/4 times a week and I lost 16 pounds in my first month. In the following 2 weeks I lost a further 5 pounds. I felt AMAZING, but I sprained my ankle pretty badly in mid August so had to stop exercising and tried to cut calories more to make up for it, which in retrospect was a stupid idea.

In the past month, my weight loss has pretty much completely stopped even though I'm still eating very healthy (lots of veggies and fish, and I've cut out my weekly "cheat meal" takeaway as well as alcohol). I tried intermittent fasting every second day for one week and I only lost one pound. This week I started to do low impact exercise again, going for long walks and doing "walk at home" youtube videos every day. I didn't intermittent fast but still ate very healthy with no sugary snacks or takeout. I really thought the numbers would be in my favour but I just weighed myself and I have gained a pound since last week.

I'm worried that I've screwed up my metabolism from restricting so much and I'm feeling incredibly frustrated that a month of efforts have resulted in no weight loss. Does anybody have any advice on how to get back to a regular weight loss schedule (that doesn't involve high impact exercise that might prevent my ankle from healing)?

I am considering buying either a bicycle or an exercise bike to boost my daily exercises. Thoughts?

Edit: For context, my goal is to eventually lose 100lbs (69lb to go)

submitted by /u/mmlsza
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3k7tg5w

No comments:

Post a Comment