Thursday, September 10, 2020

I refuse to spend this entire year not trying.

TLDR: Finally looking for a community to keep myself accountable in a healthy way while living in a country with a huge body shaming problem.

I’m picking my weight loss back up again after spending the past 10 months gaining and losing the same 3-4kg (6-8lbs) repeatedly. I’ve been recording my calories all day and have my FitBit fully charged and back in its rightful place (not under my bed).

I’ve been kind of kicking myself for not just working harder this year and getting to my goal, but covid, a toxic work environment, and a heatwave just had me doing whatever I wanted. And that was not taking care of myself properly.

I could have reached my goal by now, but I haven’t and I feel a little shame in that. However, best not to dwell on could haves. I don’t want to make excuses anymore. I want to finally feel comfortable in my own skin and eventually find a form of exercise I enjoy.

I would like to have some sort of support system in place since none of my friends are losing weight and even though my bf is supportive he doesn’t get it. He has always been active and has never had to lose any substantial amount of weight like I am trying to (the cultural difference also plays a factor). Plus, living in Japan, the amount of body shaming ads causes a lot of stress and some unhealthy body image thoughts. So, I guess I just need a little help sometimes and this seems like the place to be after all the weight loss vids I have watched on YouTube.

So, that’s my story and here are my stats: Nationality: US Sex: F Age: 25 Height: 168cm (5ft6) Starting Weight: 81kg (178lbs) Current Weight: 70kg (154lbs) Goal Weight: 55kg (120lbs)

Thank you for taking the time to read this 💕

submitted by /u/Formal_Okra_5796
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Rhmz4d

No comments:

Post a Comment