Thursday, September 10, 2020

Today marks a month of my weight loss journey.

Hi all, I just wanted to post here as I previously came here for advice. I wanted to show you guys the results of listening to you all.

Things I did:

  • Walk most days, at least half an hour

  • Trying water before snacks, and when snacking, making sure I had fruit or popcorn before other foods.

  • Not deprive myself of a treat or coffee here & there. It was important for me to not feel too restricted, or I'd push back and fail.

  • PORTION CONTROL. For my main meals I do eat quote similarly to before this, however I had much less. Didn't realise how big my servings used to be.

  • Mentally, I have to treat this like a LIFESTYLE OVERHAUL. Not a diet. A diet (to me) implies a "short term" thing but I want a long term result. So anything I do, I knew I had to be able to maintain it. That includes working my way up to longer walks & workouts as I go :)

I started at 86.4kgs, now at 80.1kgs! I absolutely have way more to go (BMI says 53kgs would be healthy for me. I'm only 4"10!) I'm still so happy, but honestly it's not the best part about this month. I'm happier.

I'm not feeling constantly guilty about what I eat. (Was beforehand, constantly.) My brain fog isn't half as bad, and I actually do feel content with less food, which is something I wasn't expecting??

Someone here (I'm so sorry I can't remember who) had advice that said "treat it like it's life or death." And that's exactly what I did. Do. It's a necessity at this point to lose weight for me. Anyway just wanted to share how proud I am, and greatful to this group.

*EDIT: Layout, sorry.

submitted by /u/nobodyspecialtbhlol
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2DP3Utv

No comments:

Post a Comment