Thursday, September 10, 2020

9 months and -30 lbs later and i still struggle with my mental health, am single, have feelings of loneliness, and deal with shitty days. but facing those things head on instead of numbing myself with binge eating, drugs, and drinking is what changed my life.

Bargaining with and punishing myself about my weight loss and gain was such a vicious cycle - and using unhealthy coping mechanisms to distract myself from the pain only made it worse and my physical appearance ended up showing that in the worst way. I used to blame the fact I was unhappy solely because of how I looked or what I weighed. The thought of not using food, alcohol, or drugs to numb my head when things were hard was unfathomable.

Now it’s the opposite. I am happy (most days lol) and the way I look simply reflects that.

Self reflecting, journaling, making myself cook food at home that I enjoy and fuels my body, talking to professionals, understanding how to use exercise as a way to release endorphins, and forcing myself to open up to people I’m close with when I’m struggling was the hardest thing I ever did. Drugs and alcohol and binge eating were easy, but they would make me wake up the next day not caring if I lived or died. Now I wake up excited to live. If you’re going through a hard time hang in there and give yourself some grace. The numbers on the scale will drop but the life you gain will mean so much more.

submitted by /u/michska_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3m9hppm

No comments:

Post a Comment