Monday, September 21, 2020

A candid picture of me kickstarted me into making a change

This is my first post on LoseIt - I just replied to someone’s post on this subreddit asking if we had “that” picture - the one which started your weight loss - and I do. When the time is right I might share the photo with this subreddit, but for now I’m just sharing my reply to that post.

It was taken on July 4th of this year, when I was visiting my partner’s family. We took a group photo - I’m a tall guy, and it was taken from a “below looking up” angle.

His mom texted it to him when we returned 2 days later, and he showed me. I couldn’t believe what I looked like. That was my “it”, after years of gaining and unsuccessful weight loss. As soon as I saw the pic, i knew it was time for a change. I was so ashamed, I couldn’t even look at the pic longer than half a second. I immediately called a local hospital to inquire about surgical options. (By the way, about 2 weeks later, a package showed up from Shutterfly - his mom had had the picture made into a puzzle. I could have passed out when I saw it).

Fast forward to July 23rd, and I’m in the doctor’s office signing up for a VLCD. No surgery for now. I want(ed) to try a non surgical route. I’m down 60.2 pounds as of this morning, almost 9 weeks after I started. I’m 6’3, SW(lbs): 318.8 CW: 258.6 GW: 200.

Still a ways to go but it’s really quite motivating to see this large of a change in 9 weeks.

I still can’t bear to look at “that” picture though.

submitted by /u/anl74701
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Hneo4T

No comments:

Post a Comment