Friday, September 4, 2020

Came to a realization about self-control today

So what a lot of my unsuccessful weight loss attempts in the past have in common is that I got obsessed with restrictions and being really hard on myself if I made the smallest mistake and all the other stuff I’m sure a lot of you are familiar with. I was trying to figure out why this time has been so much easier and more successful and I think a huge part of it comes down to the language I’m using. A lot of the obvious ones like “there’s nothing I can’t eat, there’s things I’m choosing not to eat,” and “I’m taking care of my health because I love myself not because I hate myself,” and all that. But the biggest one by far has been that I don’t ever tell myself no anymore, I tell myself not now.

My boss was going to this new local milkshake shop today that makes the most insanely decadent milkshakes you’ve ever seen in your life and offered to get me one. If it was one of my previous weight loss attempts I would’ve said no I can’t eat foods like that. Then that same day I would’ve caved and gone and hated myself and decided I’d failed and might as well give up. But instead today I said “Oh no thanks, that doesn’t fit my meal plan today, but I’ll definitely have to check them out one day!” And I wrote down the name of the place and made a plan to have one on a planned indulgence day. Anyway that’s probably obvious, but for me it was a revelation that I don’t have to tell myself no, just not right now.

submitted by /u/chalkpastel
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3lUIHPW

No comments:

Post a Comment