Friday, September 18, 2020

Colleague Always Comments on My Lunch

People at work have started to notice that I've lost quite a bit of weight. I am a very open and honest person, so I do not mind when people ask me about my weight loss. I've never brought it up myself. When people ask, I answer truthfully about my weight loss journey. My colleagues have been very supporting, and I feel like they all care for my well-being. Except this one girl.

Yo. I can't even with this chick. She is not openly malicious, and she says everything with a sweet smile and friendly laugh. However, I feel like she is being cruel and ignorant. She is 21 years old, and I can tell she has very little experience when it comes to different subjects - especially what it means to be overweight and trying to lose a few pounds.

Ever since she noticed I was losing weight, she has been commenting on everything I eat. Eeeeverything. It's very difficult for me to sit with my colleagues during lunch because of this. If she thinks I eat too much, she asks: "Are you getting full yet?". If she thinks I eat too little, she says: "Wouldn't want to eat too much now," with a little smirk. She loves to look at my food and comment things like "oh yum". She never comments on or looks at other peoples food, just me.

She also comments on what clothes I wear every so often. "You should show off your figure more! Strut your stuff!". She was never like this before I lost weight, and I am getting tired of it.

When she heard I count calories, she said "oh it is so dangerous to count calories" and lots of other nonsense about how it's an eating disorder to do so. This girl has never been overweight, and she exercise multiple times a week. I just want her to stop commenting on what I do, and just focus on her own health. Counting might not be for you, but it works for me. So leave me alone!

I am just getting tired of constantly feeling watched. If I want to eat a big portion of leftovers for lunch, it's my business. If I want to focus on my calories that day, it's my business. If I want to wear a sweater that's a bit too big now because of the weight loss, it's my business!

Rant over. Thanks for listening!

submitted by /u/ImagineSpace
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33EHTGJ

No comments:

Post a Comment