Thursday, September 3, 2020

Explaining weight loss to my Little

Hi All! I am about 3 weeks into my journey and 8 pounds down F27, 5'8 SW: 180 CW: 172 GW: 140.

I have been counting calories and eating between 1200-1500 a day (giving myself a little wiggle room on weekends to go up to 1800) and doing this awesome beginners workout video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UItWltVZZmE 3 days a week, and trying to walk my dog 5 miles a day 5-6 days a week.

It's going really well so far and I do not feel restricted or the need to junk out because I am not being as strict as I have been in the past (1200 calories a day, no alcohol, no carbs etc;). I am making actual sustainable choices.

I am currently in Big Brothers Big Sisters and mentor and awesome 12 year old girl, many of our outings include food. I was hoping some people would have advice on how to navigate around eating healthy in front of her without mentioning my desire to lose weight. On outings in the past, I would always order pizza etc; Eventually, I am hoping it will be noticeable too so I would also like advice on how to navigate this topic if she asks. I do not want to give her a complex about her own body, since I remember what that was like when I was 12. She really looks up to me and seems to mimic a lot of the things I do, so I want to be sensitive around this topic, especially since she has mentioned that she thinks she is "chubby" before (she isn't).

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/chicagodogmom606
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2F6g7uk

No comments:

Post a Comment