Thursday, September 3, 2020

Family Labor Day weekend tips

Hi! This is my first post to this sub and I thought it might be helpful to reach out for tips for the upcoming holiday weekend.

A little background on me: I’m a 22F, 5’9, SW: 240, CW 230.2. I have been up and down with my weight for the past like 4 years with my lowest being 170 and my highest being my starting weight this time around of 240. I have previously lost and gained with really unhealthy cycles of binge eating and unhealthy heavy restricting and I finally feel ready to work on this in a healthy manner. I started again about 2 weeks ago, have been trying to at least walk most days (plan to add increasing exercise soon, and more when gyms open) and have been eating between 1500-1800 cal/day.

My current dilemma is I am going to my family’s second home this weekend for Labor Day, and am nervous about handling the food situation. The rest of my family is more overweight than me, and our time at the vacation place tends to involve tons of eating out, ice cream, snack foods, etc. Situations like this where I don’t have total control over the food situation tend to be my downfall in the past, and get me off-track, particularly when I’m early in a weight loss journey like I am right now. Not being able to accurately track foods, the social pressure from my family, and the temptation of being “on vacation” and wanting a “cheat day” are all hard for me.

This time, I really want to stay on pace and at least maintain or gain minimal amounts over the weekend. I don’t want to binge, give up, be depressed, and start the whole cycle another 20 lbs heavier in November. Maybe just writing this all down is helpful, I don’t know. But If you have any tips or words of advice I would really appreciate it!

submitted by /u/username304211
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hUOS4p

No comments:

Post a Comment