Friday, September 4, 2020

Feeling so discouraged by slow weight loss

I’ve been on this “journey” for over 12 months. I started working with a dietician at the beginning to get away from my prediabetes diagnosis. I was 223 or so when I started working with her. I weighed everything and strictly ate the diet plan (while I wasn’t counting calories, I was counting macros- but when I’d get curious I was eating somewhere between 1000-1200 calories). Even with being exact it took me like 2 months to lose 5 pounds. That just wasn’t great for me mentally because I become obsessive about the whole thing. I worked with her from aug 2019-March 2020 (stopped when covid started and just never went back).

I am down to 193-196 (depending on the day) and I’ve been stuck here for months. I started to gain a little bit but for the life of me I don’t want to gain back what has taken me sooo long to lose(which I did get back to eating better- covid got me off track for a minute). I track what I eat, but I’m not measuring and weighing because it doesn’t seem to matter. I don’t lose or gain either way. I don’t drink soda, rarely have sweets, do IF... stay within my calorie range and a big fat nothing.

I started working with a doctor on the advice of my dietician. He did tons of blood work and different things to see what’s going on. He suspected my thyroid was affecting things, but nope. Not that either.

I haven’t given up. I know I’m eating better than I ever was so I know I will be healthier for it. I’m just so dang frustrated with putting in all this work and still have this giant stomach and sore knees and all the rest. I had to stop looking at progress pictures on here because those get me so depressed. Especially the ones that are like “I lost 50 lbs in 6 months!”. I can’t even lose that in a year! Anyway. Thanks for reading my whining if you go this far :)

submitted by /u/anothergoodbook
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2EWOkww

No comments:

Post a Comment