Friday, September 4, 2020

Why am I so HEAVY?!

I do not understand this, at all. It normally doesn’t bother me but I had a nice weekend with my family for a birthday and I ate a lot of crap. As a general rule I do not mind this, because realistically this is not a binge as I am still eating around 2000 kcal a day Over that time it is effectively a few maintenance days in a row. I generally have a pretty healthy attitude to weight loss and am fine with my 1lb weekly loss. However, lots of salt lots of sugar... the scales temporarily rose.

Now when I was a kid I dealt in stone and lbs as a British person, so out of interest I wanted to see what I would be in that. I am currently approx 200 lbs, which puts me at over 14 stone. I was a little sad about that because I remember all of the women in my childhood saying they were fat when they got to 11 stone (154lbs). So something absolutely hellish possessed me and I googled what people thought a 14 stone woman looked like (I know that’s not how it works) and I saw a post where someone had asked specifically with my height (5’4) and people were saying a size UK 22 and “clearly obese, probably looks disgusting clothed or naked”. So I feel like utter trash but I’m also SO CONFUSED because that is a full 4 clothes sizes bigger than I am.

People are always shocked when I tell them my weight, my doctors don’t believe me and tell me that I must have lost weight since then and reweigh me. I’m a UK 14, sometimes a 12 in tops. So a US 10. I exercise but not enough for muscle to account for that much weight, just running 5k 1-3 x a week. My waist measurement puts me in the slightly increased health risk area but not high risk, my waist to hip ratio is in the normal range but my BMI is obese and only recently has that come down from “obese grade 2”.

I know it doesn’t really matter, that weight is not the entirety of what it is to be healthy, but when there is this much of disparity I just want to understand why!

submitted by /u/District_Free
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3574huS

No comments:

Post a Comment