Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Has losing weight become a secret hobby for anyone else?

Hello! Here's some background info about me: as a teenager I have always been uncomfortable with my body (was a chubby child) and had a poor relationship with food. After starting university my eating habits escalated into compulsive overeating and a bit of a food obsession to cope with stress.

At the beginning of this year I wanted to change my lifestyle habits and ended up losing around 50 pounds from 170 lbs to 120-125ish lbs at 5'6" (F).

During the weightloss process I immersed myself in subreddits about weightloss, followed fitness youtubers, and was constantly doing research about weight loss (I was doing CICO, but was genuinely interested in other people's experiences etc). I now enjoy reading testimonials and following fitness journeys and think that this "dieting" lifestyle has introduced me to a new hobby as well.

Unfortunately, since the majority of my family and friends are unathletic and overweight/obese I can't seem to find anyone to share my newfound hobby with since I'm a bit wary that people might misinterpret my interest in health/exercise/the obesity epidemic as indicative of an ED due to my demographic (young woman who suddenly lost a lot of weight).

Has this happened to anyone else?

submitted by /u/lurker6745
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Zmcw2s

No comments:

Post a Comment