Tuesday, September 22, 2020

How do you change your lifestyle during a pandemic?

This is a topic I’ve thought a lot about since March. 4 years ago I started a weight loss journey that, over time, resulted in a lifestyle change that caused me to lose 60lbs. I was eating better, tracking calories/macros, and exercising more. I slipped back into old habits and gained back all the weight I’d lost. I was finally getting back on track this last February and then the pandemic hit. I slept in, drank alcohol, baked and cooked whatever I wanted to fill the days.

Since July, I’ve really been focusing on trying to get back on the weight loss train, but I’ve really been struggling. I know that sustainable weight loss happens when you actually change your lifestyle, and that’s the rub: how do you change your lifestyle when you’re stuck at home? I didn’t have the most active job, but I was still working in an office and running around to different meetings throughout the day. Now my job is home-based and has slowed down quite a bit due to the season and effects of the pandemic. It was easier to plan meals and track eating when I had a set schedule at work. And it was easier to stay active when I had to leave the house for 8 hours a day, so going to the gym or running errands in the evening was easier (sort of an “objects in motion tend to stay in motion” principle).

So my question for you all is how have you managed to change your lifestyle amidst shelter in place, and how have you remained positive despite everything going on in the world?

submitted by /u/pinot_expectations
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3iV571Q

No comments:

Post a Comment