Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Just canceled my weight loss surgery 3 days before it was scheduled. I’m going to do this myself. Am I nuts??

Currently I am a 5’7” female, 24 y/o, about 295 pounds. I was so sure that the only way for me to really lose weight and keep it off for good was to get the sleeve gastrectomy. They all throw statistics at me like, “the chance of you losing all of this weight and keeping it off for the rest of your life is slim to none.” So that’s not very encouraging. But people do it, right?!?

The epiphany came when I lost 15 pounds on my own during the pre-op diet. Granted, it was extremely restrictive and only about 800-1000 calories a day, but I stuck to it, did not cheat, meal prepped, cooked, all of that. So I know I have it in me?!? I guess?!?

Has anyone ever pursued surgery and quit it before? I feel very unsure right now. My plan is to eat about 1600-1800 calories a day, work out as I can, and do 16/8 intermittent fasting. If I lose 40 pounds, my BMI will be too low and I will no longer even be eligible to have the surgery. I want to give myself until December to see if I can lose a decent chunk of that, and if not, reconsider.

submitted by /u/pinterest-mom
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZZroEc

No comments:

Post a Comment