Wednesday, September 16, 2020

I started my weight loss journey about a month ago and I'm losing weight for the first time in my life

As the title says. Also, English is not my native language, so be kind :).

I'm overweight pretty much my whole life, I simply don't know what it is like to be skinny, to fit in normal clothes etc. That gave me a pretty hard time during middle school and high school, and I got into computer games and was introverted. That changed with 19, when I met my gf. Since I moved out from my parents, and moved in with my gf about 6 years ago, we both could eat how much we want, and since we both love cooking (and also eating ofc) I gained more and more weight. I don't know how much it was exactly, since I was too afraid to step on a scale for years. Now I'm at stage 3 Adipositas.

I tried to convince myself that everything is fine, I'm just one of the bigger girls, and kept on eating more and more. There were days, where I would eat 4 oder 5 burgers + fries + chicken nuggets without hesitation, and ate a dessert after that.

In February I noticed that my gf was feeling more and more uncomfortable in her body, as she was also gaining weight, and she kept asking, if we could change this or that in our meals, to keep the calories low. I didn't want to do a diet at that time, since I was really effective in convincing myself that everything was fine, I just had a few moments here and there, where I was completely devastated and realized, how bad the situation really was. End of july I had a sudden moment, where my self hatred came complete through, and I decided that it have to end here and now, and we started with CICO immediately. I try to eat about 1200-1400 calories a day, and since we have two dogs, we go for a walk at least 20 minutes a day. We are also planning to start swimming, and I want to start cycling again in the spring, but at the moment I'm afraid that I'm too heavy for my bike.

I'm so excited, that the first kgs are going down, some people even said, that they noticed a change in my face. Every time I go pass a clothes store, I get happy, because I know, that if I keep going, I can buy something there in 2021. (Atm I buy most of my clothes online, because I don't want the embarrassment to not fit in anything and maybe even destroy some of the clothes).

A massive change happened also with my selfcare. I had times, where I would shower only once a week, I never learned how to use make-up, I never shaved myself, had the same hairstyle (ponytail) for ages, although I have really pretty hair (long and blonde). That changed in the last month, now I'm learning how to use make-up, eyeliner, lipstick.. shower every morning and shave myself.

I don't have many close friends, and I can't share my success with my parents, so I decided to post here, and hope that someone will read it.

TL;DR: After being obese for way too long, I'm finally losing weight and feeling great!

submitted by /u/Haziso
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32D91GJ

No comments:

Post a Comment