Saturday, September 19, 2020

Lost 265 lbs, now I struggle to eat

I started my weight loss 3 years ago at an unhealthy 480 lbs. I’m a 46 yo female, standing 5’8”. I was a hardcore Diet Coke addict, and my addiction caused my body to constantly be in insulin resistance. I researched this information myself and quit all artificial sweeteners over a 60 day period, replacing Diet Coke with 7-up.

As soon as the artificial sweeteners left my system, the weight started falling off. I lost around 100 lbs in the first 6 months alone.

My appetite began changing substantially around the second year. I used to LOVE chocolate, now I honestly could pass it up without a second glance. While I struggled to lose weight with the insulin resistance, I also ate huge portions. Now, instead of 3-4 item meals, I grab a couple of bites of protein and maybe some carbs (rice, veggies, fruit).

The major thing that “came back” once I started losing weight was my full signal. I haven’t had it since my late teens, which is when my daily Diet Coke addiction started. The signal I began relying on was the physical feeling of being full, which I now know means you’ve eaten way too much. Today, full signal kicks in after a tiny amount of food. I’m very rarely physically hungry, and to be honest I kinda dislike eating altogether.

I’m worried this is s sign of my eating addiction turning from addiction to food to anorexia. At the same time, I’m actually enjoying trying to get through the day eating as little as possible. I’m fully aware this is a problem, but I’m not sure how to address it just yet. I have an appointment with my psychiatrist next week and I do intend to address it with her.

Is this something everyone experiences after losing a large amount of weight? I’m just hoping to hear from others who’ve been through something similar. Thanks for reading, I’m a prolific writer.

submitted by /u/UltimatelyKismet
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ceUFzs

No comments:

Post a Comment