Saturday, September 19, 2020

How can I be supportive?

My little sister is having weight loss surgery at the end of the year due to many, dangerous medical issues at a young age. My family members are notorious fat shamers and comments have caused several of my cousins to have eating disorders due to it. I have always been slim until I had a baby and most of the weight fell off naturally so I don’t truly understand what she’s going through. I believe that you don’t have to be a certain size or weight to be beautiful. the only thing that should ever matter is that you’re healthy. So my question is how can I be supportive and encouraging without making her feel like the only reason she’s getting hyped up is because she’s losing weight?

submitted by /u/daladybrute
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kAw8YW

No comments:

Post a Comment