Monday, September 7, 2020

Lost 72 pounds in 3 and a half months, I look good but feel like death. How can I get my strength back without gaining weight?

M/25/6ft. 230 > 158

Sorry this ended up a bit long!

As you can imagine I had to practically starve myself to lose weight that quickly. I DON'T recommend it and this post is probably a good reminder of why you shouldn't.

Btw before losing weight I gained up to 250 from binge eating disorder, then lost 20 and maintained for a while.

Basically I started on a 1200 calorie diet but kept cutting calories more and more to the point where I was doing a fasting diet method where you consume like 200 calories of protein and nothing else. (PSMF). It worked really well but as you can imagine I don't feel too hot now.

Two weeks ago I stood on the scale and realised I had actually reached my goal and had no clue what to do, so I just carried on. Now I'm realising I don't need to continue anymore and I need to ease off somehow because I'm ruining my health. Half my hair has fallen out, my nails have gone weird, my skin is grey, i have heart palpitations, I can't think, I'm tired all the time and I have lower stomach pains which I think may be gallstones?? (Apparently you can get them from rapid weight loss) It's also taking me a very long time to recover after exercising. I went to the doctor and he agreed about gallstones but didn't seem massively concerned about all this, so maybe it's not too bad. He just said to start eating more again but congratulated me on the weight loss.

Another weird side effect– I've also developed an obsession with food, making elaborate meals and decorating cakes and not eating them :/ I even dream about food sometimes but then I realise I can't eat it and chug my salt water lol...

I'm not fat anymore so that's a win I guess, but my stomach is still soft despite all the exercise I do. I get a lot of compliments but they have no idea how much it took for me to lose weight like that.

Is there a way I can rebuild my strength and NOT gain weight? I'm not sure how much starvation mode is a real thing but if it is I'm definitely in it. I am starting the refeeding process tomorrow so I will very slowly increase calories. I just don't know the right way to do it. Has anyone else been through this? I desperately don't want to be part of that 99% statistic that gains it back. I would rather just starve for the rest of my life lol.

Thanks for reading.

submitted by /u/Zzz95x
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3bHvJjZ

No comments:

Post a Comment