Thursday, September 10, 2020

My 3 year old daughter told me “good job not being big daddy” and an overwhelming sense of pride overcame me.

Title.

My daughter has been extremely curious why I haven’t been eating what they have, and why I eat way less frequently.

I’ve only explained it to her once, about a week into my journey (about two months ago now). I told her “daddy doesn’t want to be as big anymore, it’s not healthy, and I want to be here for you and your brother for a long time.”

Since then she’s been working out with me constantly and being my biggest cheerleader.

Last night was pizza night (once a month for our family), and pizza is easily my biggest weakness. Everyone knows this. But, I told myself I wouldn’t force anyone around me to be affected by my weight loss — I got here on my own and it’s my own journey.

I managed to overcome it. I didn’t eat a single slice.

That night when I was putting the kids to bed, my daughter said to me, “good job not being big anymore daddy.”

It completely caught me off guard, and I started to tear up.

I’m not anywhere close to my goal yet, but that definitely reinvigorated me. It was so pure and unprompted.

My family never showed me how to take care of myself, and I can only hope that by continuing on this path I set a good example for them, so they don’t experience the same struggles I did.

Thanks for reading my little story!

submitted by /u/TheQTVain
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2F9dWGM

No comments:

Post a Comment