Friday, September 18, 2020

My talent today will be holding on to 2 gallons of water weight for no reason at all

I’m female, 25, starting weight: 147, current weight: 144, goal weight: 128. Please enjoy my run on sentences.

I have killed myself for ten weeks. TEN. For 8 of those weeks I have averaged a deficit of 1000-1200 calories a day. I have lost barely three pounds. I have lost inches all over, dropped a couple sizes, look 7-10lbs lighter, but the scale is giving me the middle finger. I’ve eaten healthy, I drink 3-4 qts of water a day, and I walk for literally hours a day because my health prof, that looks like he he does Boflex commercials for a living, said that walking is the most effective exercise to lose fat (if you don’t know what a Boflex is then you must have grown up in one of those houses without a TV and I feel bad for you). What do I have to do, sacrifice a virgin into a volcano???

At first I decided I was gonna get my life together and eat like a functioning adult and maybe loose that extra 20 lbs I didn’t need. Thing is, I’m incapable of doing anything less than 110% so for the first 4 weeks I went full throttle clean diet. I ate like one of those TV fitness bimbos with the overly tight pony tail and fake... eyelashes. Fresh fruit and vegetables, low-fat Greek yogurt, chicken and turkey. I even cut out beef and switched to soy milk in case the tinfoil hat people are right about the hormones. Given that this was mostly a lifestyle change I didn’t count calories carefully however, I’m confident I ate roughly 1000 calories a day. I also averaged about 15,000 steps a day.

When I lost one pound I did some research and found out for long term weight loss, plateauing is coming because the goes into some survival mode and eating a week or 2 of maintenance calories will pull you out of it. I pulled my calories up to around 1800. Zero pounds lost. Two weeks back of the diet. Zero pounds. Biology thinks it can play chicken with me? Bitch, I play to WIN.

I thought maybe my college student body was confused by the sudden influx of plant life and nutrients so I added back a couple normal foods like Cheerios and yogurt. I also upped my calories to 1200 since that seemed to be the recommended minimum. I probably average 22,000 steps a day.

I have carefully calculated the weight I should have lost based on my calorie intake and probable calories burned over the last 10 weeks and I should be down a MINIMUM of 16lbs. Given that I look significantly thinner I think it’s reasonable to conclude that I’m holding onto water weight and there isn’t a goblin in my closet that pours melted butter into my mouth when I’m sleeping. This last month I’ve done extensive research and tried many different things to get rid of the water weight.

Many people reported eating maintenance calories for a day caused their body to release some water. Tried it twice. Nothing.

Someone said drink more water. I went from drinking 2qts a day to 3-4qts. Nothing.

I tried eating a bunch of salt then drinking a bunch of water thinking some extra might be flushed out too. Nothing.

Someone said eat a bunch of carbs one day. Gained 3lbs of water that came off the next two days but nothing else.

The only thing that has worked at all was eating boiled cabbage one night. Lost two pounds over a week. I’ve eaten so much cabbage since then the vitamin C levels in my body are so high that I think it has created a forcefield that repels the cold virus now. Haven’t lost anymore weight from it though.

I take my vitamins, my calcium, my fish oil. I eat healthy, I walk till my feet hurt to stand on the next day. One week I walked 191,000 steps! I know the fats gone, I had to tighten the bad of my watch twice for godsake! Why won’t the water weight come off? What am I doing wrong? Am I gonna have a sweaty night in day and wake up looking like Homer Simpson after he got his stomach staples?? Do I use chip clips or rubber bands? Who looses weight in their wrists? Have I been the fat wrist girl all this time and no one ever told me?! Why do they keep selling me cabbage when I clearly can’t control myself?! I DONT UNDERSTAND!

I know most people use this forum for support but tbh that doesn’t do much for me. I’m posting because I want data (NOT A SURVEY IM FOLLOWING THE RULES). Have other people experienced something similar? Have people had success with methods I haven’t tried? I know that it has to come off EVENTUALLY but I’ve been exceedingly patient for 10 weeks and now I need some sort of timeline based on other people’s experiences. I at least need proof that someone else has had a plateau as long as I have and I don’t a weight loss curse passed down from my great great grandfather that forgot to carry a witch off the mountain or something.

submitted by /u/threetinefork
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ckM52s

No comments:

Post a Comment