Friday, September 18, 2020

What are your best weird weight loss tips?

I don't mean the ones that we've all seen a hundred times (Im looking at you "drink water before you eat because you might be thirsty not hungry" tip). Im curious to know the things you've never seen anywhere, but work nonetheless. Ive picked up a few myself in recent months:

-If you have a retainer, wear it all the time. Even if its just the bottom one. It has basically eliminated my mindless snacking. It's amazing how much just having that one little extra step before taking a bite makes pay attention to what you're eating. Especially now with so many places requiring a mask right now, no one will even know you're wearing it

-Kombucha is surprisingly filling. I know one of the 10 commandments of weight loss is "Thou shall not drink your calories", but they're only about 60 cal a bottle. I can drink one of those and not be hungry for an actual meal till much later, or sip on one for hours at a time without getting grumbly.

-Take up baking your own bread. Then don't buy any from the store. This made me so much more conscious of how mindless I could eat toast. A piece for breakfast, a piece for a snack, and one with dinner, then "Hey where's half my loaf gone?" Now I limit myself to one a day so I only have to bake a loaf once a week. I enjoy sourdough the most, and there's a fair bit of planning required to make a good loaf. You also get the added bonus of learning to bake bread and knowing exactly what is in what you're eating.

Im sure there are a few more I will think of later, but those are a few of my best strange tips Ive picked up. I know there have to be some good ones you've all picked up too, and Im interested to hear them

submitted by /u/Lbrint
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2EeJQ3Y

No comments:

Post a Comment