Tuesday, September 15, 2020

NSV: Inspiring my mom.

The biggest motivator for my weight loss this year was to improve my health. I felt like shit all the time. I was on medication for hypertension. If I continued what I was doing, based on my family history I 100% would have developed diabetes at some point. I wanted to set a healthy foundation for my future.

My mom is almost 70, overweight with diabetes (type II). Alzheimer's runs in her family big time. The other day I surreptitiously brought up an "interesting" study "I came across" about how exercise can dramatically reduce your risk for Alzheimer's. She knew that already, she's very well read.. but this morning I got this text from her: https://i.imgur.com/kd2zizz.jpg

I want her around as long as possible, but harping on her to improve her health was never going to inspire her or help her. But apparently doing my thing, setting an example, has planted a seed! There's been benefits to my weight loss that I did not expect, but if one of them ends up being inspiring my mom to improve her health and longevity.. that will take the cake. Love you Mom :D

submitted by /u/PEN-15-CLUB
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RqkS4K

No comments:

Post a Comment