Friday, September 18, 2020

NSV: It's OKAY not to meet your goals!

21F 5'7" SW:151 CW:134.4 GW:130. Progress pic in my recent posts!

I am 4.4lbs away from my goal of 130 by 9/22 and I know I won't make it, but that's ok!! I'm proud of what I've accomplished so far. You might need to slow down your pace when life becomes difficult. These last few weeks I had many days when I went over 1200 calories, but I stayed under maintenance (~1800) as an act of self-love. My biggest takeaway from this process, and my NSV today, was learning how to love myself even when I don't quite reach my goals.

Before starting CICO I would never have had the mental fortitude to accept setbacks or plateaus. Instead, there were many times that I gave up after failing to get the results I wanted, when I wanted. The problem back then was that I treated weight loss like a competition. Being the heaviest girl in a family full of naturally slim women, I never felt like I deserved to stand next to them. Unintentionally hurtful comments tore apart my self-confidence. But I finally broke free of that toxic mindset and was, ironically, able to lose the weight I had always tried to get rid of. And you know what? My family still makes comments. They still see me as the "heavy" cousin. But I don't care anymore! I'm healthy and happy with my body, while they are stuck in a bubble of negativity, judgment and vanity. I lost weight for me, no one else.

Appreciate your own efforts! Remind yourself that you are getting fit not to punish your body, but to honor it. Your body loves you and understands that you can't meet every goal on time. Keep your chin up and set a new one--you've got this.

submitted by /u/heckin_cool
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32IGDDd

No comments:

Post a Comment