Friday, September 4, 2020

NSV: My progress made a friend start her own weight loss journey

I think this may one of my favorite NSVs so far...

So I (really) started my weight loss journey in February/ March, right when the pandemic hit my country hard and we were supposed to stay home as much as possible. Because of this, I didn't see any friends until July, when a friend had a small birthday dinner, and by this time I had already lost around 45 pounds (want to lose around 70 total). Some friends commented and were happy for me but other than that and me thanking them, we didn't talk about it much so I was happy but moved on quickly.

Well... Last week another friend had another small birthday dinner and one of the girls there (who had also been to the first dinner in July) was thinner! So we start talking about it more, and she tells me that it was because of me! She saw my progress in July and it motivated her to start as well and so far she's lost already around 20 pounds!

I wasn't expecting how good this would feel, for my journey and my effort to potentially be a positive influence on someone else. Honestly lately at around 55 pounds lost it hasn't been that exciting anymore watching the numbers drop, and this was just the motivation I needed to keep going until my goal :)

Has anyone had a similar experience?

submitted by /u/TheBoredLeo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32VxshN

No comments:

Post a Comment