Friday, September 4, 2020

Hello, first post (I've lurked) and I'm just mentioning something that works for me (and an ask for any tips :) )

I'm trying to lose weight for all the normal reasons, but there are two extra incentives at the moment (a) there's a virus going round that likes you if you are obese and over 50, so I wanna hide as a skinny person and (b) my workplace is being taken over so there is a good chance I'll be made redundant and I think if you are thin you do better at interviews. I've lost 36 pounds but have since gone up and down by 6 lbs. I really want to get under 200lbs (I'm 6lbs away) and ultimately to around 150 (5.5 female) but I find that i get too impatient, over focus and get extreme and fall off the wagon. Like most of us weight is one issue in life, my other issues are finishing tasks around the house and putting off trying new things. What I've been doing is journaling, with pictures and setting myself 6 to 8 small tasks each day. today's include sorting out clothes for the reuse shop and putting away and cleaning some outside pots (the pots have shamefully been in a corner for 2 years). This is really working for me, not only do you see incremental changes at home (I'm sure none of you are as big a prevaricator as me!) but it focuses, not on the weightloss, but as the transforming of your life to the way you want it to be. Next weeks task will focus on decorating a room, small bit by small bit ;) . I mark myself everyday (because that's me ;) ) but it really has lifted my spirits and stopped the focus on weight loss over everything else. I'm losing weight, but I'm not going to weigh myself for a month (and that doesn't feel un-achievable!), I'm just enjoying, genuinely enjoying, my little successes outside of weight loss. this may not work for anyone else, but I thought I'd put it out there Happy Friday people, and thank you for a supportive board.

submitted by /u/Dogwarden
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3bpSDw8

No comments:

Post a Comment