Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Something that has really helped me mentally, for weight loss.

TL:DR: Set my fitness pal goal to "maintain weight" (even though I'm trying to lose) and have my daily calorie goal set to my TDEE and simply try to be anywhere under that, instead of stressing about being -500 or -1000 every day.

I have always had a terrible relationship with food. I've been an athlete and lean, in shape, and have been over 300 lbs, and so many places in between.

What happens is I've spent so long trying special diets, shortcuts, and going to extremes, and as a result, watching my weight yo yo. You name a diet or protocol, I've done it. I have been absolutely mentally exhausted as of late and have made a deal with myself to stop doing any sort of special diet and just focus on calories/CICO.

Decided to take things slower. However, setting my goal in MFP to -1.5 or -2, going over that and seeing that I'm in the red caused some major anxiety (As someone liable to say screw it, I've failed today, time to order a pizza) what I've done is set my calorie goal to maintenance, with my primary goal being to simply be under that number, not 500 or 1000 less. I will aspire to do that, but as long as I'm under that maintenance number I'm good. (Bonus if I can hit my protein goal) I feel like this promotes a healthier, slower/steady approach than obsessing over that 2lb/week goal and being in the red.

It's been scary, as someone who constantly feels like unless I'm doing something extreme and strict, I won't lose but there it is. Made it a point to make healthier food choices too of course and drink more water, but in the grand scheme of things that's the one thing I've been making an absolute must and it's relieved so much mental burden and stress I finally feel like I might be successful/healthy again. I hope this helps someone at least a little bit.

submitted by /u/BasedManatee
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RutCH9

No comments:

Post a Comment