Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Gaining muscle while losing fat. Should I be happy it's happening or should I try to prioritise fat loss?

I'm on a health kick and I've been sorting out my diet and working out 7-days a week, alternating between cardio and strength training. So far things are progressing well and loss of body fat and muscle growth had been consistent. Maybe too consistent.

So far I am about 6 kg down on body fat but 6 kg up on muscle mass so my weight has only changed by about 100 grams.

Long-term I know this is fine and an ideal state overall but my goal was weight loss not muscle gain. Is this a case of diminishing return and what low hanging fruit gets picked first - will I slow down in my muscle gain before my fat loss, or vice versa? I guess it depends, right?

Should I cut back on strength training to prioritise cardio? I'm assuming my metabolic rate is increasing as my muscle mass grows but my goal was to lose weight instead of being strong...

What do you think the best route is? Stay the course, right?

submitted by /u/perthguy999
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hFpv5n

No comments:

Post a Comment