Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Succeeding with mental illness issues-How do you stay consistent with weight loss with depression and mood issues making simple habits and otherwise simple things for most people really difficult to adhere to for you? I need help with this.

I have bipolar 2 and although it is treated with medication and I am being educated on how to manage it well this is still making weightloss extremely difficult. I have roughly 50 to 60 pounds to lose and I have gotten so serious about this that I am getting a strong education on weight lifting and planning on joining a gym very soon. Despite how amped up I am getting for this with all the motivational youtube videos and other ways i"m trying to keep this an active role in my attention in my daily life I am still struggling to adhere to even basic calorie counting and tend to cave mid day. I have yet to stick to a diet for more than 2 days even though I am purposely using foods that are healthy that I enjoy and despite having the full base education on this from r/loseit. I am especially struggling with logging calories. Believe it or not my motivation and energy levels can be so low that I find it too difficult to follow through on keeping tra ck of that. Only because the food is downstairs and I am usually upstairs and my computer cannot be moved downstairs. So going down to log with my phone just to come back upstairs to the computer can be too bothersome for me to really care sometimes. I know, its crazy. But keep in mind I am so gone at this poin t that I can even struggle to brush my teeth every day. I am hoping that steady small lifestyle changes as I move forward in my fitness literacy and education will pave way to the motivation to start caring enough to do these things more often. AS I get more energy i'll find more capability. But getting started is really hard and vague for me.

submitted by /u/SnekPop
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33hAD3t

No comments:

Post a Comment