Tuesday, September 22, 2020

SV: 20 pounds down & lowest weight in 4 years :)

[24F, 5’4”, SW 180 (probably higher), CW 159.8, GW 130ish]

Hi everyone, long time lurker and first time poster because I couldn’t contain my excitement and didn’t really have anyone else to tell! The title pretty much explains it. I weighed in this week at 159.8, officially breaking into the 150s which was super exciting! The gravity of how far I’ve come didn’t hit me until I got the fitbit notification congratulating me on the “20lbs lost badge”. 20lbs?! That’s basically halfway to my goal!

I started to reflect on why this time around was different, why I’m still sticking with it. Like most people on this sub I’ve been overweight a majority of my life and I’ve started and failed so many weight loss attempts. When I say this time around was slow and steady, I mean slow and steady. Quarantine gave me a lot more time to myself and this allowed me to experiment and slowly add new habits over time, and I want to outline these in case this helps someone else.

Mid March: start of quarantine, couch potato, drank a lot of wine and ate ice cream and junk food to feel better

April: had a “what am I doing?” moment, and ditched the junk food and started a beginner pilates workout calendar which kicked my ass

May: did the regular pilates workout calendar, tried to eat more mindfully with more fruits and veggies, and bought a scale at the end of the month and realized i hadn’t dropped weight yet from my new workout methods

June: redid the same regular pilates calendar (I was still modifying a lot of the moves), added a daily walk/bike ride, and started CICO and noticed that while I was eating healthy foods, I was having too much of them. This was the first month I noticed the weight consistently dropping

July: went on a work trip and got a little lazy, gained back a couple pounds (probably water weight) but picked my diet, CICO, and regular training back up the last two weeks of the month and still overall lost weight in that month

August: Added daily yoga/stretching before bed to my regular routine of CICO, daily walks, and training

September: Focused on water and protein intake, all on top of what I’ve said before

At this point, it would be difficult for me to stop doing the habits I listed above. These are second nature to me now. While it is exciting to be consistently losing weight, my fitness stamina has increased tenfold. Even at 30 pounds over my goal weight, I’m in the best shape of my life, and that makes me so excited to see what I will be able to do as I get closer to my goal weight.

My ultimate goal is to be 50 pounds down by my 25th birthday next April, seems fitting. Thanks for all the inspiration on this sub!

submitted by /u/christine513510
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2HgPF1U

No comments:

Post a Comment