Friday, September 11, 2020

The scale isn't moving (some days it moves up!) but I see my body changing :)

Hey losit-ers and future loseit-eers,

This is a quick vent about how weight loss isn't always about the number on the scale. TLDR at the bottom

About 2 years ago I began my weightloss journey and this sub (in addition to r/1200isplenty and r/intermittentfasting) has helped me in an insane amount of ways so let me start off by saying thank you!

I'm 50 pounds down, and currently considered "overweight" as opposed to "obese" which is great. That being said, I lost motivation to lose these last 20 pounds to hit "average" weight.

So for about 6 months I've been what i would consider skinny-fat when compared to my previous physical form. But In reality I've been out of shape and still overweight.

About a month ago, on a whim, I bought some rollerblades. I figured it'd be something to jumpstart my motivation and hopefully it'd be a way to do cardio that I wouldn't despise.

I haven't rollerbladed in over 15 years and when I did I was just a kid. So I really had no idea how I was gunna make it work but something about the idea seemed so much FUN!

Since I got 'em (after some wobbles for a week or so) I've been rollerblading 3+ times a week for 30+ mins minimum. And to my surprise the scale has gone up, or stagnated. BUT, my body is changing for the better!

I'm not entirely sure if it's my self image or that the exercise is really doing something or some combination of both but let me just tell y'all... You know how age isn't nothing but a number? Well so is the scale.

I've been working out and eating the same calorie budget (with my exercise added so that I'm eating enough) since I got the rollerblades. And my posture is better, my brain is clearer, my work ethic is higher, my mood is enhanced, all that good stuff. Plus my belly is looking less bellyish in the mirror.

I say all of this to say, if your math and effort makes sense on paper just keep chugging.

Keep on pushing and don't be a slave to the scale. Make healthy choices, be kind to yourself, and find an exercise routine that works for you.

This is a lifestyle change so make the changes that fit your life. I hate walking, running, swimming, biking, weightlifting, all that. BUT, I love rollerblading.

Maybe you like trampolining, or rock climbing, or hiking, or surfing, or skateboarding, or something else you've never had the balls to try.

It's not a bad idea to invest in these sports/exercises instead of a gym membership or a peloton. Why? Because you might actually stick with it!

Anyway, that's all I got to say. This is something I wish I read when I was starting out 2 years ago. So hopefully it helps someone else too.

I love y'all! Keep on chugging baby!

TLDR; found what I would consider an "unorthodox" way to exercise. Scale hasn't moved too much but it's helped my self image and I feel better. Moral of the story, try new things!

  • Big Ole Hole 69
submitted by /u/bigolehole69
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hufY1i

No comments:

Post a Comment