Friday, September 11, 2020

Increasing calorie anxiety

My weight loss doctor increased my caloric goals to 1400, from 1200. I was prepared to go to this appointment to say that 1200 wasn’t working for me. But, now I’m feeling a little anxious about the go-ahead on the increase.

I’ve been on 1200 since June, but had been cheating a lot on the weekends. This month, I’ve been super diligent in strict 1200, and I feel like absolute garbage. Head fog, confusion, fatigue, extreme midday slump where I can’t even keep my eyes in focus I’m so tired. Writing this is even challenging trying to keep a coherent thought.

I’m not sure my point. Maybe a little self reassurance that 1400 is still nearly a 500 calorie deficit from my maintenance calories. Maybe I’ll have some energy to hit the gym finally.

Maybe a bit of reassurance for you all that eating enough in general is super important and that trying for 2 lbs a week loss is way too much for some people. I definitely feel sad that I only lost 5 lbs for the month, considering some people losing way more, but, that 5 lbs was ultimately not healthy or sustainable.

Stats for reference: 40F 5’4” CW 153, lightly active work (10-15k steps a days). Became sedentary outside of work since starting 1200 calories and lost all energy.

I guess just a reminder to myself, and you, that you got to be healthy while trying to be a healthier you.

submitted by /u/theOGpoorsquirrel
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3bX5Tsn

No comments:

Post a Comment