Friday, September 18, 2020

The Win I Needed

I'm not good at this whole public posting thing, but I'm gonna give it a shot. I joined a gym on Sunday and I have committed to going at least fours days a week and I've kept to that. I spent $100+ dollars on this initial membership and it's only been a week, of course I'm going. But that's not a win for me. I love working out. It makes me feel good. So far, it hasn't been a struggle to go. My fear has always been my body fat percentage. I've dreaded knowing what it is and what it would mean for my weight loss. I've spend too many years looking over BMI charts that told me I am morbidly obese and needed to lose 120lbs to be healthy. The thought has always been daunting, overwhelming really. Today, I had a fitness assessment. I was expecting them to tell me I needed to lose 120+ pounds. I had braced myself for it. I was already swallowing my anxiety. Then they told me losing 80lbs would put my body fat percentage around 20%. They told me that at 177lbs I would be okay. I was shocked, almost to tears. Only 80lbs?! I can do that! That seems reachable. That seems possible. That is a win. I'm so excited to do this now. I'm not expecting this to be easy, especially when I have to tame this sweet tooth of mine. But now I have a reachable goal not an overwhelming one. This is the win I needed to propel me to my next Spin class and my next strength training day. I can do this!

submitted by /u/AlwaysTime4Cake
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hH7rbm

No comments:

Post a Comment