Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Today it hit me: I barely recognise myself.

After a shocking month last month and feeling rather anxious about going into September, I discovered today that I’m someone entirely different.

I’d been walking around with this mentality that I hadn’t changed that much. How could I have? It’s only been a few months since I started this journey. I thought “I still eat badly sometimes and it’s not like I do serious exercise or anything”. But I caught myself in the mirror at the pool and I had to do a double take. I genuinely thought “Who is that?”

On a physical level, I saw it. The difference. The improved skin, the muscle tone, the actual change in my size that my measurements said I had but I, mentally, never acknowledged.

Behind the physical, I was glowing and looking confident. At the POOL. In a SWIMSUIT. For the second time that day and for the millionth time this week. I couldn’t believe it and I still can’t. It got me thinking beyond just the smaller size: I couldn’t believe the breakfast I had (the fact that it was BALANCED and that I EAT breakfast now), or how I crave vegetables all the time. I could always demolish a salad now. My mindfulness and awareness of my health and my passion to IMRPOVE it astounds me. Baffles me! If anyone had told me this was what I’d be at 21, I’d have laughed.

This part isn’t hugely weight loss related, more lifestyle, fitness and health related: but I got slightly emotional. After last year being another rock bottom year, I didn’t have much hope for 2020. Then with quarantine, I thought “ah shit...here we go again”. But that didn’t happen. Instead, I’m standing here at the lightest weight (70kg - holy shit) and fittest I’ve ever been. I care about my health, I’m 2 years clean and a year sober. I didn’t give up and I didn’t back out - I pushed through. I can’t believe it.

I’m not super sure what this post is supposed to be but, I guess, I’m just elated and wanted to share. I don’t know if there’s anyone else out there struggling but I guess I want to say that, you’ll get there. I never thought this would be my life but here we are. 2020 is the year for thriving it seems! Whoever needs to hear it, you gotta stick it out and it’ll be worth it. Promise.

Thanks for listening and now, excuse me while I happy cry on my bus ride home :,)

submitted by /u/Lost_K_K
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3jYQlHA

No comments:

Post a Comment