Friday, September 11, 2020

Wardrobe Adjustments

TLDR: What do you guys do when you’ve made great, significant progress in your weight loss journey and you’re already drowning in your current clothes but still have a long ways to go before you reach your “final” size?

When I first started my journey, I told myself I would revamp my wardrobe once I hit my goals as a reward for all the hard work I put in and because at that point I would need to anyway. What I failed to consider was halfway through my journey, none of my existing clothes would fit anymore because of how much I have already lost.

Because of COVID, I am not going into work everyday so I get away with not upgrading my clothes yet and that’s been a nice perk. But still for the occasional socially distanced picnic or even to wear at home, I am debating if it would be worth the money.

If I am realistic, the rest of my journey will take 8 months (since it took me 8 months to get to 50% and my relationship with food and being healthy is better than ever). I won’t be upset if it takes longer but I am happily working on that timeline (which is already cushioned with wiggle room).

So would it be worth buying clothes that I know will run loose? I am 50% in but still have a lot to lose so I am guaranteed to shrink some more.

I would love to hear what you all did? Did you guys buy interim clothes? How did you navigate that? Especially with COVID, I’ve had trouble online shopping since the sizes I normally order come in way too big now and I can’t go into stores to try things on like before.

I also need to mention I am shamelessly so happy that I am having this problem 😊

Thanks, everyone.

submitted by /u/sweaterweathervibes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Fje9a8

No comments:

Post a Comment