Sunday, September 20, 2020

When did obesity related medical problems begin to go away and how did you handle it?

I am curious to know when, in your weight loss progress, did obesity related medical problems begin to go away? How did you handle it?

For me, I am still on high blood pressure meds... but I am now 9 pounds away from not being obese anymore... so, I am wondering if I even need to be on this med still. I figure I may make an appointment with my doctor once I am no longer obese on the BMI to begin checking on this. I still think I have high blood pressure, however, which sucks because every other health condition I had developed has either gone away or drastically improved. For anyone who attained normal blood pressure, where were you on the BMI when that happened?

I had severe acid reflux before starting CICO that even meds multiple times a day could not control. This went away almost immediately after starting CICO. (Probably within a month.) I still have acid reflux, but is basically 95% gone. The few times it comes up, it is extremely mild and short lived. Also, this is with no medication, as I was able to stop taking this med soon after starting CICO.

Pre-diabetes and high blood sugar went away several months into CICO for me. I never was on meds for this.

High cholesterol/triglycerides also went away several months into CICO, and I never was on meds.

I had NAFLD that was progressing into liver damage. This took many months to get under control. Last time I went to get my liver checked (about a month ago), only one liver reading was one point out of range.

I also had problems sleeping, joint pain in my knees, and back pain. These took several months to improve. Back pain and knees are sometimes still there, but drastically improved.

submitted by /u/FunctionVoidSmall
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mMfHdZ

No comments:

Post a Comment