Saturday, September 5, 2020

You might believe that exercise does not contribute much to calorie burn for CICO, and I'll politely disagree, but it _is essential_ to _being healthy_. (re: recent post of mine with inflammatory title - again, my apologies there)

I made a post recently with an admittedly awful title and I apologize for that. However, out of that discussion came a shocking revelation.

There are people who believe that you don't need to exercise to be healthy.

Unless they forgot their sarcasm /s. ;)

Basically, I'm shocked that anyone would say or argue or suggest that exercise isn't necessary to health. Science continually confirms that exercise is critical for good health.

Whether or not you support the idea of people using exercise in their weight loss CICO calcs, I believe we should all encourage each other to exercise (as much as we're able) for our collective good health. Plus, people who lose weight are more successful at maintaining losses if they've incorporated exercise into their lifestyle which I'm sure we all want.

Exercise improves sleep... which aids weight loss. Exercise improves/maintains good mental health, which can help us maintain our discipline/motivation... which aids weight loss. Exercise builds muscle... which aids weight loss. Exercise can help prevent diseases; diseases can hinder weight loss. The list goes on...but you get the idea. Science keeps supporting exercise as beneficial in many ways.

Good luck in your weight loss. Aim for health and happiness. Thanks for reading.

Disclaimers: I know that deficit re:CICO is how our bodies burn energy (making us lose weight). I realize some of us struggle to exercise at any level for mental or physical health reasons, and I sympathize. Also, I know that while calorie deficit is the mechanism responsible for weight loss, it is important to fuel our bodies with good nutrition, not just the right amount of energy.

submitted by /u/norahstoakes_dreamer
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3i80WiU

No comments:

Post a Comment