Sunday, December 20, 2020

First target achieved, onto my next. Losing 51 kgs (112.5 lbs), my journey so far

I hit my unachievable target of weighing 80 kgs 3 days ago. Felt great. Since this sub has been everything for me, wanted to share my experience with you all.

To summarise my stats -

26M, 167cm tall, Highest weight 131ish kgs, Current weight 80 kgs.

I made a post 6 months ago about how I got started here. This post is about what followed after that.

People keep asking me, what is your target. I tell them a number. Earlier it was 80 kgs, now its 70. They tell me you should not set numbers as your target, rather a body type. I tell them I was obese my entire life, I have no idea what kind of a body I want, numbers is all I have.

The good part of it.

  1. I feel so great. I am full of energy. I am running almost 5k two days a week, working out for three. I actually look forward to them my whole day. I still can't believe I do these things.
  2. I look good (I think). People say I have lost my cuteness, to them I say fuck off, pardon my french.
  3. It has taught me patience. It takes a lot of time. A. Lot. Of. Time. Took me 7 months to lose 45 kgs.
  4. People have to call me after meeting me just to confirm if it was I they met a few minutes ago. Even my parents couldn't recognise me after 6 months, even though they were receiving regular pictures of mine.

The bad part of it.

  1. I don't see my weight loss when I look in the mirror. Its only when I compare my photos, I realise it. I don't know if it's normal or not.
  2. I am obsessed with the numbers. I cant realise the fact that I have lost more than 100 lbs. Weight is just another number for me, and I got to achieve the weekly target. Same is for food. I see a dish, and I start counting the calories. It was my friend's birthday, and I was offered a small piece of cake, keeping in mind my diet. But I refused to eat it, even though it mustn't have been more than a 100 cal piece. I could have afforded that much, still I couldn't.
  3. I have to change my wardrobe completely every month. It feels good to wear clothes that fit, yet at the same time its pissing off to keep buying newer clothes again and again.
  4. I have a lot of loose skin. It doesn't bother me much but does lower my confidence in public. And its everywhere, arms, chest, belly, back, thighs and hips. Don't even get me started on my stretch marks. But I am fine with it, they are a part of me now.
  5. Winters are colder than before.

My friends and family keep saying, you have lost enough now, stop it, you are looking weak, etc. But I feel I need to lose another 10 odd kgs or get under 20% body fat, whichever makes me feel satisfied.

Here are a few progress pictures for you to enjoy. Feel free to ask any question, I will reply to my best capability.

Sorry for the unorganised post, I was just too damn excited for it. Didn't really know what to write :P

submitted by /u/anarchy911
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mDug26

No comments:

Post a Comment