Friday, December 4, 2020

My Fitness Pal is weirdly discouraging sometimes.

So back in January, I started up with My Fitness Pal for the first time in a long time. At 188lbs, I was nearly ten pounds over my previous highest. Then 2020 started 2020ing and I abandoned that in favour of my mental health.

Fast forward to early November; 14lbs heavier but in a much better place mentally, I decided to get back at it. I've since lost eight pounds, from 202lbs to 194lbs. Woo hoo! The first time I've successfully lost any weight in many years! I decided to plug my new number into the app, looking forward to the little celebration you get when pounds are lost.

But I got....crickets? I double checked to make sure the change was input properly and sure enough, it shows my highest weight, 202lbs, my current weight, 194lb, my starting weight, 188lb, and my goal weight, 160lb. But it says zero pounds lost. Wtf, Fitness Pal?!

I guess if you gain weight after starting the app, you don't get to celebrate losing it again? I feel like MFP just did side eyes and went, 'We'll just pretend that little gain didn't happen.'

I'm still proud of me and my husband is encouraging too, so it's not really THAT big of a deal. But it still seems silly. Eight pounds is eight pounds and when you consider how difficult weight loss can be, you'd think they'd design an app that's meant to help with loss to acknowledge a loss no matter what.

Anyone else experience this?

submitted by /u/PuffyCat_139
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JrmWJr

No comments:

Post a Comment