Friday, January 1, 2021

(SV) Kicking off 2021 and kicking those pounds in the butt (+ advice from a formerly hesitant skeptic)

I’m really excited to share my first milestone and proud moment with the community that enabled me to kick start my journey! I would like to especially gear this post to those newbies lurking around, unsure of how to start or if they should. Since starting, I’ve lost 4, almost 5 pounds. This is the most amount of weight I’ve deliberately and intentionally lost. The first week was tough, I saw no light at the end of the tunnel. The second week was Christmas, and I thought for sure I was going to screw myself over. Now we’re wrapping up week 3, and I’m slowly but surely losing the weight I want to lose!

When I seriously considered making a lifestyle change a little less than a month ago, I was doubtful it would work and thought I would be miserable while I tried. I asked my friend for advice on healthier options (since she’s very knowledgeable and deals w allergies and gluten intolerance) and when she started outlining what I should do, I asked, “so I’ll never be happy again” and she replied “no.” As a former chip and cookie addict, guilty of eating when bored and in large amounts, I am here to say that you CAN eat healthy AND enjoy it!!!

Due in large to the help of this community and its resources, I started by calculating my calorie deficit and best macro distribution for my lifestyle (competitive swimmer). I’ve been able to eat under my 1800 cal limit most days so far without feeling hungry. I was also directed to the idea of body recomposition, and so incorporated the gym and lifting into my schedule 5-6 days a week. Progress was certainly slow at first, but sure enough I’ve seen consistent weight loss this past week. I haven’t quite yet seen the change in my body shape that I’d like to see, but if this journey has taught me anything is that patience is key!

I used to be a skinny child with a fast metabolism, and I guess I have puberty (and probably birth control) to thank for the changes I’ve seen in my body. I’ve never been able to fully sympathize with people of all weights who are trying to lose weight. It’s hard. It’s a challenge. But, it’s 2021 and if we could make it through 2020, we can certainly conquer 2021 and make it our year! If you’re considering making the first big step, hopefully this can be your motivation to take it. Better yet, take a leap of faith! Do your research, ask for help, make changes, and have patience- you will get out of this experience what you put into this!

Final note: a thank you to this entire community for being supportive and accepting of all people, you’re changing people’s lives! (I’d also be happy to share my foods of choice for my fellow picky eaters out there, I feel your struggle)

submitted by /u/intolerablecat
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2X0toKi

No comments:

Post a Comment