Sunday, February 14, 2021

38, never worked out before, 247 lbs. So far 10 lb loss on keto. Bought rowing machine last week, weight loss stopped. Need help on what to expect.

I'm ashamed to admit I've never in my life owned any sort of home equipment. We decided to purchase a rowing machine (which we love) and am about 4 days in to exercise (3 weeks tomorrow following a keto WOE).

I currently have been doing 20-25 minutes on a higher resistance right away in the morning. My goal this week is to make it to 30 minutes. Today was supposed to be a rest day (I was very sore yesterday), but I feel good today so I did a light row while watching a favorite show to get some movement in. I would like to add that in and create a nightly light workout as well.

I have not changed anything with the keto, the only change is the addition of the exercise. I'm assuming the slight gain/holding steady is due to the introduction of the exercise but I'm not sure how long the stall lasts before you start seeing loss again? I appreciate the scale to help keep me on track. When I stop using the scale is when I let the weight climb back on so I'd like to keep the scale around if possible. My wardrobe consists of pretty much all leggings so it's hard to go by how clothes feel.

What can I expect in the next couple of weeks? Or will it take longer to balance everything out? I guess I just need help adjusting my expectations to make realistic goals and not be discouraged when the scale doesn't move.

submitted by /u/mama_macncheeze
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dbYVSY

No comments:

Post a Comment