Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Anyone Have Good Success Story with Intuitive Eating?

I hate tracking calories. I have always done it when trying to lose weight and I get so obsessive about it that I lose interest in meals (afraid to put EVOO in salads, skipping cheese, worrying about spices and garnishes) and then I can’t maintain any weight loss because no one can sustain that level of obsession and eating such boring foods. I just seem to have a poor relationship with calorie tracking.

I’m trying to do intuitive eating this time - slight fasting (16/8 IF) and just really focusing on healthy meals. Lots of vegetables, easy on portions, less alcohol, very little sugar, etc. It’s working because I’m down ten lbs but I have a lot left to lose. My friends are so supportive but they don’t think I can keep losing without strict calorie tracking.

I am just wondering on other perspectives.

The thing is, I feel great right now! I’m actually enjoying losing weight! I’ve been running most days and I am feeling strong. I have an Apple Watch and work on closing out my rings every day and adjusting my movement goal up a bit every week. I feel like the time I spent obsessing about the 5 cals in my coffee is now spent thinking about ways to stay active and healthy.

Anyone else succeed using this approach? Or is just a matter of time before I need to strictly count calories again?

For what it’s worth, I do read packages and have a good estimation of what I’m eating from many years of doing this—so I’m not someone who incorrectly thinks a cheese quesadilla only has 250 calories :)

submitted by /u/personalgreen
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ap0gmt

No comments:

Post a Comment